the next day...
Also if you have a portfolio, bring it this day. He did love and appreciate the fact that I brought that with me. It does not have to be professional! They just want to see something! Its better than nothing. So swallow your pride and print those cell images.
Questions you must know the answers to:
The Makeup Application Interview!
- Be prepared to work with another model other than the one you took with you.
- Make sure you arrive with clean brushes and a clean brush belt. If they spot either they will call you out...in front of everyone.
- You will be timed 30 minutes to complete your look! This includes the time you take to pull product
- The first two things you should do is sanitize your hands in front of the model, then hand them the mirror sitting on the table!!! (IMPORTANT!)
- They provide a limited supply of makeup and time of 30min to complete a look on purpose. They want to see how you improvise and how you work under pressure. So try and stay calm. It will be hectic, politely push through girls to get what you need. lol A few things I needed were just gone. In the words of Tim Gun, Make it work!
- Don't grab a whole bunch of stuff just for the heck of it. They will make note of that. Know what you are grabbing and why.
- Do not place dirty brushes back in the brush belt after used. Place dirty brushes on napkin.
- Make sure everything is placed on a napkin. Nothing you use should be directly on the table. Its unsanitary.
- Talk to your model the ENTIRE TIME! Explain everything you are doing. Have her look in the mirror while you apply the makeup. If she looks away, re direct her back to the mirror.
- Make sure you don't only talk makeup with your client, ask her about her day...anything. Just keep talkin'.