- I loved working as a freelancer. I never wanted to be a full time artist because of how much time they require you to be at the store.
- Freelancers don't get any kind of training. You're just thrown in with no life jacket. Forcing you to catch up and keep up...QUICK.
- Mac isn't about the "ART", it was about sales. I don't mind selling, I just didn't like that 9/10 women left disappointed because they hated their makeup. Those artists knew how to sell, but some couldn't paint at all. This was really hard for me to deal with.
- Mac requires a lot of time during the holidays. With me having two little kids, this was non-negotiable. If I didn't have anything to fall back on I would've been sad, but I would've worked. But because I had my own business to fall back on, I refused to work holidays. This won't get you fired, but as a freelancer less hours will be handed to you if you always seem unavailable, especially during the holidays.
- I didn't need to stay to keep/get a discount as I already had 40% off with my pro card.
My MAC Experience: The Conclusion | Why I'm No Longer working as a M.A.C Girl...
Bee Wade is a Professional Makeup Artist & Beauty Blogger in Atlanta, GA. From her stunning makeup transformations to guest beauty writing, her work has be spotted a number of times & published on ESSENCE.COM. (See In The Media tab at www.allthingsbee.com for more of Bee's fabulous mentions) . AllThingsBee.com was made to challenge others to DARE to dream! While promoting individuality, sharing beauty favorites and swapping beauty tips n' tricks amongst her readers. For business inquires or advertising requests please send an email to: Bee@allthingsbee.com